Arriving at the most important event of your life should be memorable and you want everything to be perfect.
However things can and do go wrong. I was at a wedding recently where the transport was by helicopter. The wedding was on a Sunday. On the Friday night before the big day, I received a call that the wedding transport wouldn’t go ahead. This was through no fault of the company and they were very good about it and most apologetic.
Fortunately, the groom had a nice hire car at the time and we were able to use that for a wedding car but it just shows how last minute problems can occur. It was still a great day and helicopter company offered compensation of a free flight.
A good idea is to make up a checklist for your transport and it could include such things as:
- Who is to be transported and how many?
- Is transport needed after the ceremony, to the reception, at the end of the night?
- Is there a backup plan?
- Do you have a complete list of contacts of the driver, transport company and all those involved?
- Make sure the photographer and videographer know all the details.
- Make sure the driver knows where to pick you up from and the location of the ceremony.
- Check for any extra charges or costs that you may be charged.
- Will you need heating or airconditioning.
- Work with reputable companies and check that their cars are well serviced and clean.
These are just a few points to help you and you may think of others. If so let me know and I can add them to the list.